Wednesday, June 15, 2011

At a Loss

I am at a loss for words when it comes to describing my life right now.  It is unfathomable the blessings that God continuously pours out and I can't begin to comprehend why He would choose to give me anything at all, much less each and every opportunity and path that He has opened these past few months.  So much has happened in the past month that I want to record so I'm going to start at the very beginning (that's a very good place to start... name that movie!? Haha!)  I left off the night before I found out the scores from my Praxis exam.  I meant to sit down and write about the thankfulness and elation I felt when I found out I PASSED, but it was just too difficult to put into words.  The night before I tossed and turned, barely sleeping.  I was very anxious to find out so that I could move forward.  Either by registering to take the test again or preparing everything else I needed in order to apply for jobs.  When my alarm went off, I was beside myself.  Honestly, I believed I hadn't passed.  As I said before, there was no human way I could have, but as I listened to that recorded voice telling me I had not only passed, but I had scored nearly thirty points higher than what I'd been praying for, I was overwhelmed.  I mean, there is no claiming that as a victory of my own doing.  That is all God and to Him be all the glory!!  I'm not even going to attempt to explain the feelings of gratitude/elation/relief that overwhelmed me, and still do.  It's just been a time of awe and discovery of how much my Savior loves me and cares about my life.  From that moment of discovering my scores, life has been going non-stop (in a wonderful way, though!)  It's been filled with such fun times so instead of telling all about what's been going on, I'll just post a ton of pictures to remember this month by!    


The day I found out I had passed, Jeff and Catherine had me over for a celebration dinner and cake!

That Saturday I helped my cousin's wife at a dance recital.  It was exhausting but so much fun!  And I got roses out of the deal :)

 


Decoration at Park's Cemetery.  Notice the classy pic of me in pantyhose and Birkenstocks.  Haha!
Nothing like family time, cute kids, good food and country roads!



Mom and I went to Conway because I had some things to do at UCA before starting classes.  We had such a fun time! On the way home, we drove on 64 instead of the interstate and stopped in Russellville to get a close look at the nuclear plant.  It was so pretty!

We ate at the best little diner in Atkins.  The food was so amazing!

Bought my books for summer classes :)
 
And a few additions to my own collection ;)
Conway has one of my favorite flea market/antique malls and we spent a little too much time (and money) in there.  Haha!




Catherine ordered Dad's birthday cake from Sweet Boutique in Cedarville.  I'd never been there before but it is amazing... and their building is pink... adorable!  I've always dreamed of opening a bakery and this place is everything I would want mine to be!

It was Memorial Day weekend so I bought these cupcakes for my Sunday School class.  Yummy!

And I bought these for myself... so amazing!

That Monday we spent at Lake Fort Smith celebrating Dad's birthday (only a few weeks late. Ha!)  It was the perfect day (except for the fact that I got severely burned and am still shedding my skin like a lizard!)


I got Dad a life jacket so we can go floating in the canoe he bought last year.  Hint, Hint... Dad! 
Can't wait to get out on the water with him!




My new school supplies... possibly the most exciting part of going back to school!

Getting fingerprinted by my brother.  Haha!!
A gift from God on my way home from class in Conway.
"God knows what He has planned for my life, I don't need to worry at all!"
He sure does... and keeps showing me this over and over.

So, there's a little taste of what's been going on lately... or at least what I have pictures of on my phone.  There are no signs of things slowing down for the summer and I can't wait to see all He has in store.  I've started classes and my thoughts about that will have to wait for another post.. for now I'll just say that I've never felt so right about anything in my life and it is such an amazing experience!  Here's hoping I can squeeze some time in for blogging in the next couple of months... I love having a place to record some bits of my life :)

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness."
Psalm 115:1

No comments:

Post a Comment